HI folks, in case you wish to apply

Heather

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emily Harwell <emily.harwell@...>
Date: Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Subject: [CrisisMappers] Looking for 2 consultants for crisismap for agrarian conflict in Indonesia
To: crisismappers@...

We are working with local NGOs, with financial assistance from the Ford Foundation, to develop an online, open access system to map incidents of violent conflict between local communities and plantation companies in Indonesia.  Based on a Ushahidi and Frontline SMS platform, the system will also allow the public to submit reports, will monitor social media, and also collect relevant open source information from the web.

We are looking for 2 individuals able to identify creative, practical solutions for low bandwidth, non-smartphone environments.  We need:

1) A PROJECT MANAGER to work with our Indonesian programmers, with experience designing and building mapping/database systems that use tools like Ushahidi and Frontline SMS and with knowledge of other available tools for monitoring and verifiying social media.

and

2) A COMMUNITY OUTREACH MANAGER with experience engaging lay users in a cross-cultural environment to design and fine-tune the system so it is of optimal use to the users themselves and to encourage reporting.

The Terms of Reference for the two positions are attached. We are interested in getting new hires on board quickly and hope to hold an initial partners meeting in Indonesia in December. Anyone interested in bidding for the positions should contact us directly and we can discuss the project in more detail.

Arthur Blundell,
President
Natural Capital Advisors, LLC
artblundell@...