From: Donna Baranski-Walker <dbaranskiw@...>
To: crisiscrowdmap@...
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 22:47:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: CandleVoice in memory of US Ambassador Chris Stevens
We are deploying  @Crowdmap for a candlevoice memorial of US Ambassador Chris Stevens, https://alnur.crowdmap.com/, to find a way to calm the protests over a deliberately deceptive film.   Please get in touch if you’d like to help!

I am here in the SF Bay area -- not far from Chris Stevens' home.   I designed this Ushahidi Crowdmap to show a personal, neighbor-to-neighbor action through a symbol, a candle in the window.  Nobel Laureates all say peace starts from within —  they may be right, let's start here.

Some people at Meedan.net have offered to translate into Arabic and from Arabic into English.

Candles in windows were used to good effect in Poland in the '80s when Solidarity was placed under martial law, and again more effectively in the Czech Velvet Revolution.   When I used it to send a message to the people of Iraq in 1990, some 10,000 Americans joined me (pre twitter)... now I ask you to place a candle in your window each night through the end of this month, and map yourself as participants on the Crowdmap -- all the way across the world.

I ask for your help.

Sincere thanks, Donna

https://alnur.crowdmap.com/

--