Subject: Egyptian women's day - historic event against sexual harassment
From: Cairo University and HarassMap <media@...>
To: <angela@...>
Date: April 5, 2015 at 2:39:24 AM EAT

للنسخة العريبة اضغط هنا
View this email in your browser

Historic day against sexual harassment

On  March 16, Egyptian Women’s Day, we were proud to participate in a historic event against sexual harassment at Cairo University. We were honored to receive a formal recognition and thank you, in front of about 3000 students for our work supporting the university to adopt and implement a anti-sexual harassment policy

Cairo University is the first university in Egypt to organize a university-wide event against sexual harassment and for the implementation of the anti-sexual harassment policy that the university adopted in summer 2014.

The activities – including workshops, information sessions, and a march – were spread over 17 faculties, including medicine, commerce, and literature, and organised by students, staff and the anti-sexual harassment unit at the university. We gave talks at three faculties where we talked about our work and how to use the policy to make the university a zero-tolerance area for sexual harassment.

Over the next few months, our volunteers are planning workshops and awareness events at more than 7 other universities in Cairo, the Delta region, and Upper Egypt.

As always, thank you for your continued support,
The HarassMap Team
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Website
Website
Instagram
Instagram
Copyright © 2015 HarassMap, All rights reserved.
Contact us at: media@...

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp