Hi Folks, Here is some new research by Heather Ford. Take a look and let us know what you think.  Heather and I will be hosting a webinar on this topic soon.

Heather

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Heather Ford <hford@...>
Date: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Subject: {Ushahidi-Research} New research report on Wikipedia source management
To: ushahidi-research@...

Hi there,

We've just published the report for the Understanding Sources ethnographic study of Wikipedia sources - including the case study of the 2011 Egyptian Revolution article http://scr.bi/NfsKQg. This report forms part of a project to explore successful communities' management of sources to inform the development of SwiftRiver.

I've found it really interesting to use grounded theory methodology to study Wikipedia and Wikipedians and would love to meet other ethnographers/researchers who are using similar methods. I've been documenting some of my challenges/successes on the new ethnographymatters.net such as the one here: http://bit.ly/NfvfSv and we're looking for other researchers to contribute if anyone is interested.

I feel like doing this kind of work is an adventure in problem-solving so it would be great if there are others who are finding the same challenges.

Best,
Heather.

Heather Ford
Ethnographer: Ushahidi / SwiftRiver