In line with our 2 week release cycle, we churn out yet another beta version of Ushahidi today, dubbed Ushahidi Platform v3.0.0-beta.2.
This release is not
ready for production and remains largely a developer release. However, you can get a sneak peek of what we currently have on our demo site.
- The map view now shows a full screen map
- Sorting users by name now orders properly
- Authentication errors are now handled in a more friendly way
- OAuth token expiration length has been made consistent, regardless of time zone
Post detail UI has been improved to show extra information more clearly
- We’ve added the ability to change basic map settings (default location, base layer, etc)
- The sidebar now shows actual counts for totals and report status counts
- The form wizard feature has an improved UI and less buggy reordering
- The API explorer has an improved UI and now shows more complete information
We realize that there has been a bit of confusion regarding terminology of our products and how they relate to each other, so we’ve taken a first step at clearing this all out for you by changing references of “Lamu” to “Ushahidi Platform”, under which exists Ushahidi v2.x
(what is currently in production), and Ushahidi v3.x
(the new revamped version, which is still in development and yet to be released)
How Can I help?
What should I expect in the near future?
In the lead up to a full product launch, we plan on having regular releases every two weeks, with regular updates on what will change with each of the releases. Review our roadmap
on Phabricator to keep yourself updated.
v3 Meetup & Demo
We will also record this session for those who may not be able to attend. As earlier mentioned, this is the first to many more virtual and physical discussions that we plan on hosting in the lead up to full product launch. We welcome any feedback/thoughts on what topics you would like to discuss.
Happy v3 beta release day and thank you all for your continued interest.
The Ushahidi Team