From: Anna Hrybyk <anna@...>
Date: Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Subject: I need your help dancing 12 hours straight for a pollution free Louisiana!
To: Heather Leson <hleson@...>, Heather Leson <heatherleson@...>

Hi Heather!

It's Dance-a-thon time at the Louisiana Bucket Brigade!  It works like a marathon, but instead of running I will be dancing for 12 hours straight.  You know I can do it, especially if I have your support.  I need your pledge now, so that LABB can keep up our great work all year long.  Last year, with your support look at all the great work we were able to accomplish!

  • Community partners in Shreveport and Baton Rouge have taken 10 "bucket" air samples since October 2012 providing evidence of high levels of toxins like hydrogen sulfide, benzene and butadiene in their neighborhoods.

  • LABB and our community partners convinced the EPA to conduct two unannounced inspections of the ExxonMobil Baton Rouge Refinery and Calumet Lubricants in Shreveport.

  • Since August 2012, LABB's Emergency Response Team has responded to 8 chemical emergencies all over the state and conducted over 600 health symptom surveys with nearby residents.

  • Since launching the iWitness Pollution Map in 2010, over 10,000 reports have come into the map detailing eyewitness accounts of chemical releases, explosions, spills, leaks and health effects.

  • In 2012 and 2013, LABB has earned over 250 media hits including a nine minute National Public Radio story called Baton Rouge's Corroded, Overpolluting Neighbor: ExxonMobil.

Help us do it again!  Whatever you are able to pledge, I will make you proud, I promise.  Just go to my page on the labbdanceathon.org website at the link below and give what you can.  You have until the night of the Dance-A-Thon on July 27th to make a tax deductible donation.  Donating is really simple and can be done online with my secure donation link:

http://labb.dojiggy.com/anna

Many many thanks in advance.  Your donation will keep me busy for another year trying to make Exxon, Shell, Calumet, and many more do the right thing.

Anna Hrybyk
Program Manager
Louisiana Bucket Brigade
4226 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
Office:  (504) 484-3433
Cell:  (504) 312-1737
www.labucketbrigade.org

Stomp Out The Stink Dance-A-Thon 2013!
Saturday, July 27th 2pm-2am @ Cafe' Istanbul
Register now at
www.labbdanceathon.org

Smell petrochemicals?  Report to LABB's iWitness Pollution Map
what you see, smell, hear and feel.

--
Heather Leson
Director of Community Engagement