Date: January 15, 2015 at 7:58:24 PM EAT
From: Erik Hersman <ehersman@...>
To: crisismappers@...
Subject: [CrisisMappers] Making BRCK work for crisis response

Hey everyone,

I’ve been thinking about how BRCK can work better in disaster response.  While the device by itself is good for internet connectivity, and that might be enough for a lot of people, I wonder if there’s not something more we as a community can put into it to make it better.   I’m more interested in hearing is what we could do with providing a stack of disaster-related software that could be loaded onto it.

We recently developed the BRCK+Pi, which marries a RaspberryPi + hard drive + 8-hour battery, to the BRCK in a simple package (more here).  With this extra computing power it turns the device into a remote microserver, where you can cache content locally and do stuff even when in an offline mode.

  • What ideas do you have that would fit on it?
  • Which problems could this help with?
  • Are there any software packages that you’d find valuable on it?

If any of you are interested in talking more about this, I can setup a Skype call or Google Hangout to discuss it some more.  Just let me know if interested.

--
Erik Hersman
US: 407.427.412 | Kenya: +254 729.157.257 | Skype: ezungu

--
CrisisMappers | The Humanitarian Technology Network
http://www.CrisisMappers.net

Visit CrisisMappers at:
http://groups.google.com/group/crisismappers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CrisisMappers" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/crisismappers.