We made a fork of the android app a while back that had YouTube functionality. I don't think it ever got finished so we didn't submit a PR. I'll see if I can find the code later and put it up so you can get a head start at least.

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014, Brian Herbert <brian@...> wrote:
Hey all,

If someone has the time to work on this, what you need to do is upload to a third party like YouTube first, then save the link. Since I'm not a mobile dev, I'm not sure how complicated this might be on Android.

Hope this helps.

Brian

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 4:48, Tarik Nesh-Nash wrote:

Hi community,

After some investigation from Giuseppe and myself, we found out that the android ushahidi app does not support uploading videos (ushahidi v2.6).

Would you know if anybody on the community is interested on building such feature?

Cheers
Tarik

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Giuseppe Calamita <giuseppe.calamita@...> wrote:

Hello Tarik,

I do suggest you to use the Ushahidi 2.7.x because it features the app you need and the polygon function when submitting a report: which is not available at the moment in the Ushahidi 3.0 beta. Feel free to ask me anything about your deployment J

Giuseppe Calamita

Tel: (+39) 333-6195143

Skype: calamita_g

<image001.png> <image002.png> <image003.png>