RE: [ushahidi developers] Clean Up Time!

From: "Pablo A. Destefanis" <pdestefanis@...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:10:33 -0600
I am not sure what Max means with his phrase, but I do think we need to do a
feature freeze and work on making sure that we have core functionality
working properly, some examples are the "Import incidents" (from CSV), and
the sharing of incidents between different instances.

Currently we have many cases when one update to the master code breaks other
stuff, ie. by uploading files that should not be uploaded (ie. config.php).
My view is that many of these things came post-Haiti (which is
understandable).

At any rate, the clean up effort does not need to prevent others from
contributing to the project, but should allow Ushahidi to have a "stable"
version. This will become more relevant as we have more projects using the
application (as in "depending"); my view is that they will be more inclined
to stability over cutting edge features.

Again, my 0,02, I know that I'm seeing this more from the implementer's
point of view rather than the developer's, that's why I am trying to find a
way that serves both.

Cheers,

Pablo

Send a