Hi Loren,

At the moment we're aiming for:
API complete - Early April
Alpha Release - End of May/Early June
Beta Release - End of June/Early July

The dates are a little rough at this stage, there are still a lot of variables.

Robbie

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM, LBell <lbell270@...> wrote:
Thanks for the update - sounds like a lot happening.

Curious if you have a vague idea (non-binding, of course) of when 3.0
Alpha / Beta might be expected? Something within a range of months (or
years even) would be helpful.

And thanks for the awesome work,

LB

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Robbie MacKay <robbie@...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a quick update on Ushahidi 3.0. Now that Uchaguzi is done I'm getting
> moving building API, and we're starting to dig into the design and workflow
> issues. You can see what's happening on the wiki
> https://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/REST+API and in the Github repo
> https://github.com/ushahidi/Lamu.
>

> Tracking the build
> We're trying to keep the processes lightweight, however there's still a lot
> to build. I'm tracking a backlog of features and other issues through github
> issues: https://github.com/ushahidi/Lamu/issues
> As each feature gets started we'll be adding rough spec details and comments
> to the ticket description, and when features are complete they'll be code
> reviewed using Github pull requests. Each of these steps is a chance for you
> to comment on how we're doing and suggest improvements.
>
> Most tasks will get assigned to and built by the internal team. But if you
> want to get involved in v3 development chime in on a ticket and let us know
> where you can help.
>
> A lot of discussion is happening between the core team at the moment, but as
> we get further in we'll be trying to open that up and get community feedback
> as well.
>

> Early targets and migration
>
> As we're pushing forward with v3, one the big items is going to be migration
> from Ushahidi 2.x.
> To ensure this works smoothly we've set a couple of early targets:
>
> 3.0 Alpha will try to cover core 2.x features and include an import script
> to pull data from 2.x. This will really be for developers and hard-core
> testers only. At this stage we won't be aiming for a nice import UI, just a
> solid import so we can start testing and ensure we don't lose data.
>
> 3.0 Beta will go further on migration. Migrating from 2.x will mostly likely
> be integrated into the UI of the installer. It may not be polished at this
> stage, but it should be enough have early adopters trying out the process
> and getting running.
>

> Shout out if you have any more question on the 3.0 build. I'll try and send
> more updates every few weeks as we get moving.
>
> Keep on mapping!
>
> Robbie
>
> PS I should have to Posts API ready for code review soon for anyone
> interested.
>
> Software Developer, External Projects
> Ushahidi Inc
> e: robbie@...
> skype: robbie.mackay

message. If you haven't changed addresses since subscribing,
you can also send a message to:

For addition or removal of addresses, we'll send a confirmation
message to that address. When you receive it, simply reply to it
to complete the transaction.

If you need to get in touch with the human owner of this list,
please send a message to:
developers-owner@...

--
Robbie Mackay