For what it's worth, I created a plugin during a workshop a couple weeks ago. I just put it up on GitHub: https://github.com/brianherbert/Korean-Translate-Link-Ushahidi-Plugin

It should show you how to modify report descriptions as they are being displayed.

Brian

On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Rob Baker wrote:

That is certainly a gap.  Will see about getting this fixed ASAP.  Thanks for the heads up.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 1:36 AM, John Etherton <john.etherton@...> wrote:
Peter,

So I think the problem with the wiki page is that it doesn't talk about the readme.txt file that's needed for Ushahidi to recognize the folder as containing a plugin. That does need to be changed.

I've attached a hello world plugin. Drop the helloworld folder into the /plugins folder of your ushahidi install then activate it on the back-end. When you look at the main page you should see "Hello World" in big letters on the sites home page.

I hope that helps.
On 10/04/2012 11:14 PM, B P Chin wrote:

Hi John,

I followed the instructions at https://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/How+To+Write+A+Plugin but it doesn't create
a plugin with checkbox etc. in the Ushahidi Addons page, and there is no "Activate" link in the Addons page. I'm running Ush 2.5 and
I just want to generate a simple "Hello World" message plugin to test things out.

Also, the instructions on this page make no mention of the Events class. Methods in the Events class need to be
called in order for a plugin to work right?  Maybe you can also recommend what methods and Classes I need to call from Ushahidi system files.

Eventually, I want to write a plugin that connects social media feeds into Ushahidi's map but for now
I'm just starting out and trying to write a simple plugin that'll generate a simple message (e.g. "Hello World".)
Thanks for any advice.

Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:14:42 -0600
From: john.etherton@...
To: developers@...
Subject: Re: [ushahidi developers] Need info for writing plugins

Peter,

What do you want your plugin to do.

Also the documentation looks correct to me. Can you be more specific about the trouble your having? Are you having run time errors, or are things just not functioning like you want?

Thanks,
On 10/02/2012 07:43 PM, B P Chin wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm based in Canada and I'm trying to write Ushahidi plugins. I specifically need info about what class and library files are needed to make a plugin work, and
also some examples on how to create a plugin.

I've searched online extensively for info on writing Ushahidi plugins/Kohana plugins but haven't found any adequate info
on how to do this. I also followed the documentation at
https://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/How+To+Write+A+Plugin to write a plugin but it doesn't work. This documentation page also needs
updating or revising because the instructions don't work.

I've also asked Ushahidi developers but haven't heard back from them.  Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Peter Chin

message. If you haven't changed addresses since subscribing,
you can also send a message to:

For addition or removal of addresses, we'll send a confirmation
message to that address. When you receive it, simply reply to it
to complete the transaction.

If you need to get in touch with the human owner of this list,
please send a message to:
developers-owner@...